The Vision Mission of the Institution was revisited in the academic year 2016-2017 and was reframed as given below:
To create a culture of excellence in teacher education conducive to produce facilitators of learning recognized as creative, globally competent, technologically sound, critically reflective, research oriented and sensitive towards the needs of uniquely abled individuals of the society.
To provide latest ICT enabled learning environment for capacity building of student teachers by…
- developing research skills through inquiry based educational activities,
- sensitizing student – teachers about right attitude, values and beliefs required to mould young minds and build respectful relationship with them by organizing value based co-curricular activities
- motivating them to contribute and lead the diverse societies through community outreach programmes.
Institution’s pursuit towards achieving the vision:
Developing research skills through inquiry based educational activities
- Training workshop on basic understanding of Research language
- Online research activities like Surveys through online forms, Data Analysis for Action Research using Excel Sheet
- Research paper reviews and presentation in theme based assembly by students.
- Research Based State Level Seminar on, “Contribution of Women in Nation Building : Creating the Momentum for social Inclusion”
ICT enabled Learning Environment for curriculum transaction…
- Online learning Management System: Using Edmodo at least one unit of every course is designed and uploaded by teachers for students to learn it during their Internship days.
- Cooperative learning strategies using Google Drive, BLOG and other discussion forums
- Flipped classrooms, Problem Based learning using constructivist approach to explore and connect with the topics by blending online and offline learning modes and resources.
- Using various softwares like storybird, Edpuzle, Pictochart, VSDC etc. as instructional material to practice teach in schools.
- Online mentoring for subject related queries.
- Studying one Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) by every student.
- 72 hours Online certificate course on Inclusive Education in collaboration with Drishti Organization
Sensitizing students about their social responsibilities by organizing value based co-curricular activities
- Continuous community service
- Campaigns and drives to create awareness about social issues and Digital literacy
- Adapting BMC schools to teach students who face shortage of teachers.
- Remedial teaching to female orphans and make them board exam ready.
- Theme Based Assemblies on social issues that include week long activities in the society or in schools to be presented and shared on weekends with peers.