Eligibility for B.Ed. Admission
- Total Seats Available – 100 (two basic units of 50 each)
- Mumbai University – 70 % Quota
- Other than Mumbai Uni. within Maharashtra – 28 % Quota
- Outside Maharashtra – 2 % Quota
The candidate who seeks admission for B.Ed. Programme requires fulfilling following conditions as per-requisites:
Criteria for Admission for Mumbai & Inside Maharashtra Students:
|Sr. No.||Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree with subjects||Caste Category|
|Degree %||Degree %|
|1||Sciences and Mathematics/ Social Sciences (History/ Geography/ Economics/ Political Sciences/ Psychology/ Philosophy/ Education/ Library)/ Humanity Science (all languages and literature)/Commerce||50%||45%|
|2||Engineering and Technology/ (with Science and Mathematics as a Special subjects)/ Bachelor’s degree with the subjects like Management/ Engineering/ Computers/ Law/ Information Technology/ Agriculture/ BBI/ Medical Sciences/ All Social Sciences/ Fine Art/ Performing Art (Music/ Dance/ Drama etc.||55%||50%|
- The candidate should have passed Bachelor’s Degree recognized as an equivalent degree by the Govt. of Maharashtra, to the Bachelor’s degree and/or Master’s degree in subjects mentioned in criteria 1 & 2 above.
The candidate should have passed any Bachelor’s Degree given by Open University incorporated by an act of the Central or State Legislature.
The candidate should have appeared for the final year examination of any Bachelor’s degree awarded by any of the universities incorporated by an act of the Central or State Legislature or declared to be Deemed University under section 3 of the UGC act, 1956.
- The candidates belonging to SC, VJ/DT (NT (A)), NT (B), NT (C), NT (D), OBC and SBC categories should have ‘Caste certificate’ issued by Competent Authority and the candidate belonging to ST category submit “Tribe Validity Certificate” issued by Scrutiny Committee of Tribal Department along with Caste Certificate and valid Non Creamy Layer certificate as applicable expecting SC, ST candidates at the time of admission.
Detailed description of categories and Quota :
|Sr. No.||Category||% Quota|
|1||Scheduled Caste and Scheduled caste persons who have adopted Buddhist Religion||13|
|2||Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7|
|3||De‐Notified Tribes (14 Similar Tribes) (VJ/DT) A||3|
|4||Nomadic Tribes (28 Tribes before January 1990) and similar Tribes ) (NT‐1) B||2.5|
|5||Nomadic Tribes (Dhangar and Similar Tribes (NT‐2) C||3.5|
|6||Nomadic Tribes (Vanjari and Similar Tribes) NT‐3) D||2|
|7||Other Backward Class (OBC)||19|
Criteria for Admission for Outside Maharashtra Students (Other state):
|Sr. No.||Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree||Caste Category|
|Degree %||Degree %|
|1||The candidate should have passed any Bachelor’s Degree awarded by any of the universities incorporated by an act of the Central and State Legislature or declared to be Deemed University under section 3 of the UGC act, 1956 of minimum
3 years duration in any discipline recognized by the Association of Indian Universities or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the ministry of HRD, Govt. of India/ NCTE for all categories.
|2||The candidate should have appeared for the Final year examination for any Bachelor’s Degree awarded by any of the universities incorporated by an act of the central or state legislature or declared to be deemed university under section 3 of the UGC act, 1956 of minimum 3 years duration in any discipline recognized by the association of Indian universities, or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the ministry of HRD, Govt. of India/ NCTE. Such candidate can be considered for provisional admission subject to passing the degree examination.||55%||55%|
- Candidates who are appearing for the qualifying examination in the academic year 2017-2019 are also eligible to apply for CET – Common Entrance Test. Such candidates will become eligible for admission only if they produce marks Memo/ Degree Certificate of the Qualifying Examination while filling in the Admission Form post their qualifying the CET Examination.
- In the online form when the grand total of the marks obtained at degree level is asked, the candidate should fill up the aggregate marks at the degree level which means the Grand Total given in the marksheet on which the Class/ Division/Grade is awarded by the Board/ University should be written in the form also.
- In case the candidates are awarded Grade/s,/CGPA instead of marks, the conversion of Grade/s, CGPA to percentage of marks would be based on the formula/procedure certified by the Board/ University/ Institution from where the candidate has obtained the Bachelor’s Degree The candidate will have to bring the necessary proof to that effect from the Board/ University/ Institution.
- The percentage of marks shall be calculated by rounding off to two places after decimal.
- The candidate belonging to SC/ST,DT/VJ, NT (A), NT (B), NT(C), NT(D), OBC and SBC categories should produce “Caste Certificate” issued by the Competent Authority to issue it, as per requirement and the candidates belonging to ST category should submit “Tribe Validity Certificate” issued by the 5 Scrutiny Committee of Tribal Department and all other Category Candidates should submit Valid Non Creamy Layer Certificate as applicable excepting SC, ST, candidates, at the time of verification of documents/Admission.